One month of kisses.
One month of night time feedings.
One month of baby girl fashions.
One month of yummy meals and visits from friends and family.
One month of squeezes and pokes courtesy of big brother.
One month of sugar and spice.
One month of Frances.
One month of love
- 8 Lbs 6.5 Ounces (up 2 lbs from her birth weight)
- 25th percentile for weight // 75th percentile for height
- Sleeping at least one 5 hour stretch most nights (woot!)
- Breastfeeding champion (she’s all about dat latch, bout dat latch)
- Franny loves her: Little Snugabunny swing, SwaddleMe wraps, Big Bro.
- Mommy loves Franny’s: Knot Headband from Baby Bling Bows (Seriously, I just ordered six more. I have a headband disease).
- Nickname Update (In the past month, Frances has been called all of the following): Franny, Fran, Franny Lou, Francake, Fran Francisco , Fran-a-lama-ding-dong, Sissy, Sis, Sister Girlfriend, Geez Louise.
I have to tell you, we seriously lucked out with this kid. She’s an easy going, generally cheery, extraordinarily patient (especially where her brother is concerned!) gal and we love her to pieces. Greg and I are still adjusting to life with two kids but we’re getting the hang of it. Sim is finally acclimating to the disruption and has yet to grow tired of the little lump. I am starting to creep out of my postpartum sweatpants festival (meaning that I wore *maternity* jeans at least twice this week– not for the entire day, but still) and my baby blues have almost completely faded away (meaning less anxiety at the end of the day and no more Weepy McWeeperson). Thank you for all the encouragement as we navigate this big beautiful change.
Happy One Month, Franny Lou!
People of the world– any ideas for getting out of the house in single digit temps with a newborn? We’ve walked the mall and Target and plan to hit the public library soon– any other destinations that are cheap/free? I feel like a housebound hermit person and it’s seriously bringing me down.