- Snow, snow, snow!
- Mother-in-laws who watch your baby while you see Les Mis with your husband (I dreamed a dream I would get to see this movie and by golly, I did it!).
- Sister-in-laws who snuggle your baby while you take a nap for the first time in-like-ever.
- Babies who sleep in so that mom can too. I win!
- Greg’s recent promotion at work, which gets him home by 5PM instead of 9PM (which I must say was a ri-double-diculous time to get home). Hip hip, Hooray!
But, while I thoroughly enjoyed Simeon’s first Christmas, I’m not sure he found it quite as amusing as I did.
Simeon’s list of Christmas confusions:
- Why did you wake me up so early!? Rude.
- If you choose to rip colorful paper directly in front of my face, why won’t you let me eat it, you withholding, Scrooge!?
- Must we shout after each gift is unveiled? Sudden squeals and exclamations are terrifying. It’s like a haunted house in here. Is that Amazon gift card really worth seeing me cry? Learn some self control, grown ups.
- Hats!? Why am I wearing so many hats?
- Snow– it’s supposed to be “fun,” I guess? Seems to me like you spent 30 minutes dressing me up just to jiggle me above a sea of frozen milk for 5 minutes. I know I’m just a baby, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t a good time.
Miracles and confusions aside, the break was relaxing and it was great to see all the family. I don’t think Simeon went more than 5 minutes without being held, which has produced a bit of a monster, but at least he’s the cute kind!
Here are some of my favorite Christmas photos:
Ho ho ho!! Christ is born! Merry Christmas!
And because we had a few cute videos and about a million great pictures, and because Cee Lo Green has a heck-of-a-merry new holiday album, here’s a video for you to enjoy!