And so, instead of writing anything of value today, I leave with with a comprehensive list of all my favorite Internet finds from this past week. Check these out, and I mean all of them because they are so so good. I’ll be here in bed, snuggling my Kindle and some thin mints while Simeon takes what I hope will be an epically long nap.
- If healthy pregnancies were treated like special needs pregnancies from Sarah at Wifeytini. “After his birth, he will live, and then he will die. He will live until he dies. I’m sorry to say that life is terminal.”
- Wishing him gone: my messy beautiful from Heather at TeamAiden. “I wanted him to die, not because of who he was, but because of who I was – a mistake of a mother.” This post is from a few months back but I still can’t stop thinking about it. I love the honesty and just every little piece.
- Watching ‘Frozen’ with my daughters: disability as superpower from Sarah at ErnieBufflo. This post appeared on The Mighty recently, along with posts from myself and another SB mama. We’re making it rain.
- What should we call spina bifida?, a new site explaining life with spina bifida through the power of the Gif. SB moms, this one is guaranteed to make you laugh like a donkey. You’ve been warned.
- When it comes to disability, we’ve been sold a lie. This TED Talk from Stella Young says it all.
To make you laugh:
In honor of Father’s Day:
Because these never disappoint and I can’t stop laughing:
If you’re feeling artsy:
- Check out THIS review of my brother’s band Lulu Mae and their new, awesome-sauce album, Mean River. Then go buy it. And listen to it. And dance in your car.
- Pregnant with Possibility by Bethany Barton made me want to make something and make it good and make it now. If you’re a creative type, read it. My best friend Tiff shares her space with some fantastic women and she’s also hilarious so after you read Bethany’s post, read all the others too. So fun.