Hallelujah! We DID it! It’s Friday, you guys!
I don’t know about you but over here in Smithville this week felt long. I can’t put my finger on why exactly, I just know that I’ve been looking forward to this day with the same desperate anticipation that my 13-year-old self felt while waiting for the VHS release of Titanic.
Since the week has been long and I am lazy and we are all tired (right? we are all tired, correct? it’s not just me?), I decided to forgo writing anything today and instead am bringing you good stuff I’ve been reading/watching that is the bomb. Enjoy the weekend. Onward!
Pregnant lady, OUT.
To make you think:
- LOVED this. A fantastic example of how our words affect kids’ perception of disability. Written by a mom who once messed up (as we all have) when trying to talk to her kid about differences. “Instead of encouraging friendship, I introduced the concept of pity…”: Disability and friendship
- If you’ve just learned you’re expecting twins and everyone is excited except you– don’t stress. Apparently, that’s totally normal. (Moms of twins– can you relate?): So, you just found out you’re having twins…
- Thoughts on graduation day from the mother of a man with with Down syndrome: What are you going to do when he grows up?
To make you laugh:
- I’m still cracking up over this. B.B. King is the only one who doesn’t look completely terrified: Pained faces of soloing rock stars make a lot more sense with giant slugs.
- Because it’s so true and if you watch till the end, you’ll hear her say something that has often been said in our house by yours truly– “I am seriously going to murder you…”: Weird things all couples fight about.
- This simultaneously struck fear into my soul and made me really excited to meet our baby girl: Glitter is the devil (and other things moms of girls learn)
To make you groove:
I can’t stop listening to First Aid Kit’s Stay Gold album. A little bit 70s folk and a little bit magic. So. Stinking. Good. This track is my current favorite. Listen during naptime mamas– this one drops a curse or two.
Also, this from Jenny Lewis’ new album The Voyager. “Just One of the Guys” took two listens and then it rattled around in my head for days. Single ladies, ladies who feel like life is getting you down, ladies who feel stuck, or who try to play it cool when inside you’re freaking out about the chapter of life you’re in– this one is for you. (Oh! And the music video features Kristen Stewart, Anne Hathaway, and Brie Larson. Look it up!)
Enjoy the weekend!